Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate
What do we perform?
A specialized instrument with a camera is inserted via the urethra to remove the excess prostate that blocks the urine flow. It does not require incisions. Later, we can observe and analyze the excess tissue.
Minimally invasive procedure
- Improves urine flow
- Prevents possible infections
- Reduction of severe symptoms
- Minimal invasion
What you need to know about this surgery
The doctor must study your medical history to perform the procedure safely. At the moment of the process, the patient will receive regional anesthesia.
- Surgery and recovery
- Take between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Subsequently, the doctor will perform a bladder washout.
- Hospitalization: 3 to 6 days
- Healing: 2 to 4 weeks
- Examination and Follow-up
The first check-up is between 3 and 5 days to remove the catheter. A second appointment between 6 to 8 weeks to evaluate results.
- Other surgical options for prostate enlargement
We offer cutting-edge medical technology, such as bipolar energy TURP (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate) and Rezūm with water vapor therapy.