We perform endoscopy surgery: we make a small puncture near the stone’s location. It can be in the skin at the lumbar level or through the urethra. We insert a tube with the camera and remove the stone by pressing a laser (lithotripsy).
Laser treatment for urinary stones
- Pain relief
- Effective stone fragmentation technique
- Better control for the surgeon
- Protection from more severe damage
- Quick and painless recovery
- The patient receives local anesthesia.
What you need to know about this surgery
Before the intervention, the doctor will indicate pausing certain medications or anti-inflammatories that make it difficult for the blood to clot.
The patient should not consume the food before the intervention.
- Surgery and recovery
- Operation: 1 to 2 hours
- Recovery: prescription of antibiotics and inflammatory drugs to control the minimal pain
- Activities: the next day
- Recommendations: the patient will temporarily use an internal catheter to urinate normally.
One month after the intervention, a metabolic examination will be carried out on the patient, to evaluate urine and blood for 24 hours, and a chemical examination to control the formation of new stones and components.