Circumcision for children and adults
Male circumcision is an intervention to remove the foreskin and release the glans, and its performance requires local anesthesia. After the procedure, the patient will be able to urinate without difficulty.
Advantages and benefits
- Simpler hygiene
- Less susceptibility to urinary and sexually transmitted infections
- Prevention of penile conditions
- Lower risk of penile cancer
- Performed in a single day
- Painless operation due to the use of anesthesia
What you need to know about this surgery
The doctor will review your medical history to detect conditions such as phimosis, paraphimosis, and other diseases of the skin of the penis, and repetitive urinary tract infections. If the patient decides to perform it without medical cause, the doctor will evaluate the procedure’s feasibility and safety.
- Surgery and recovery
- Operation: 45-60 minutes
- Recovery: 1 to 2 days
- Activities: 1 day later, you can return to work as long as it does not involve physical exertion, the stitches fall off between two and three weeks Recommendations: about four weeks before having sexual intercourse.
- Examination and Follow-up
The doctor will indicate aftercare to perform cures.